tell me more …
Vibrant Faith: How does it Work?
SIX PLACES for shaping faith: By God’s grace we are privileged to live in His CREATION; shaped by the CULTURES around us; serving the needs of our COMMUNITY; nurtured through this CONGREGATION; equipping the needs of FAMILIES; as we pass on the faith to CHILDREN AND YOUTH, that all may experience their gifts for purposeful service to God.
FIVE PRINCIPLES for passing on faith:
- Faith is formed by the power of the Holy Spirit through personal, trusted relationships.
- The church is a living partnership between the ministry of the congregation and the ministry of the home.
- Where Christ is present in faith, the home is church, too.
- Faith is caught more than it is taught.
- If we want Christian children and youth, we need Christian adults.
FOUR KEYS for daily living:
- Caring Conversations
- Rituals and Traditions
THREE AAA (Triple-A) Christians:
We were mentored in the “Vibrant Faith” principles by Vibrant Faith Ministries, Minneapolis, Minnesota. The book that serves as our resource – “Frogs Without Legs Can’t Hear” – was co-authored by the directors of “Vibrant Faith Ministries,” Dr. David Anderson, and Dr. Paul Hill. www.vibrantfaith.org
Who we are:
- We are children of God! We are also members of the Northwest District Lutheran Church – Missouri Synod.
What we believe:
- We believe in God the Father almighty, creator of heaven and earth.
- We believe in Jesus Christ, his only Son, our Lord, who was conceived by the power of the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary. He suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died, and was buried. He descended into hell. On the third day he rose again. He ascended into heaven, and is seated at the right hand of the Father. He will come again to judge the living and the dead.
- We believe in the Holy Spirit, the holy catholic Church, the communion of saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and the life everlasting. Our ministry is fashioned around the following aspects of the Christian Life
VIBRANT FAITH IS MADE KNOWN at Prince of Peace through -
- The people praise “O magnify the Lord with me and let us exalt his name together.”-Psalm 34:3
- The people grow ” …building up the church, the body of Christ, to a position of strength and maturity…until all become full grown in the Lord.”-Ephesians 4:12b-13
- The people serve ” … to prepare God’s people for the work of ministry.”-Ephesians 4:12a
- The people encourage “You are a member of God’s very own family and you belong in God’s household with every other Christian” – Ephesians 2:19
Evangelism: (telling the Jesus story)
- The people proclaim “The most important thing is that I complete my mission – the work the Lord gave me to do – tell people the Good News about God’s grace.” – Acts 20:24